Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Liberty or Death





Bold words. Said with passion by a man with conviction. Patrick Henry meant to secure liberty for himself, his countrymen, and his posterity or die trying. Men are once again facing the situation that lead him to utter those words.

One needn't look far to see the growing tyranny in these presently united States. The police are being militarized. Congress passes laws to "find out what is in them." Every level of government furthers the evisceration of the entirety of the Bill of Rights. President Obama usurps powers not delegated to his office. These are merely the tip of the iceberg.

A cursory reading of the Declaration of Independence will show that we currently endure all of the grievances given as justification for separation from England.  I believe that the means for redressing these grievances have been made ineffectual. As such I am looking for a means to restore my freedom. 

This is my purpose in starting this blog, to share what I find effective in my quest for Liberty so others may do the same. I am going to stop tyranny or die trying.

Liberty or Death. 

What say you?

1 comment: